Thursday, April 11, 2013

Some marble tips!


Hi :)!

Today I thought I'd show you some water marble tips. I've been marbling the whole evening, just to show you the different ways you can do it. Unfortunately I couldn't make any pictures with cleaned up nails, but I hope you enjoy it anyway!


As you can see, there's a difference in the nails on the picture above. (There's a base coat on all nails.)
Here's what I did:

Index and middle finger
I started off with a white base colour. When that was dry, I started marbling. Because of the white base, the colours pop out more!

Ring finger
On this nail I didn't use a base colour, only my base coat. You can see the colours aren't as opaque as on the other nails.

Pinky finger
All the other nails' stripes are horizontal, but I decided to turn my design a bit and get vertical lines on my nail. When you dip your nails in the water, you'll have to find that perfect piece of the water marble to get on your nail. Turn your cup/bowl around a few times, you might find something pretty :)!


Thumb
I used a white coat on three out of the four other nails, so I thought I'd show you how it looked with a black base colour. As you can see, it's not as happy and colourful as the others. It's because the polish isn't very opaque.

You can use a opaque white polish to marble, and dip it on black nails. It'll pop out much more. You could try to make beautiful holographic designs on a black base, to make them look magical in the sun...

The basics of water marbling is this:
Try. Stuff. Out. Every polish reacts differently to other polishes, so you can make loads of different combinations. :)

I hope this post was helpful, and please leave some more water marble tips in the comments if you have some! :D

Enjoy your evening :)!
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment